Wednesday, May 2, 2012

First real parenting scare

Sunday night was awful. Brendan woke up around 10pm with the worst scream I have ever heard. Luckily, it was Jamie's night off. We ran to the crib and when Jamie picked him up, he was limp. He had a strange look on his face, and seemed to not have control of his head. Then he became rigid and was throwing his head back. I've never seen something scarier in my life. This happened 2 more times, so we called the ambulance (luckily Dada has connections). Brendan was fine the whole ambulance ride. He was checked out at Childrens Hospital, EKG, X-rays showed nothing. No temp either. Our best guess is some sort of virus, as thurs he was seen at pediatricians office for his rash, which was diagnosed as petechei. All his bloodwork was fine. It's a mystery! Seamus and I picked Dada and Brendan up at 2am, and as they exited the hospital, Seamus proclaimed "oh look, there's my brother, safe and sound". It brought a much needed smile to my face. Just feeling thankful now!

No comments: