Sunday, February 24, 2013
Seamus the Brave
There was a time when Seamus was timid and cautious...no longer. We were at swimming lessons, where the kids are supposed to sit on the side of the pool while the instructor takes them one by one to work on their moves. Seamus has been becoming increasingly brave without his swimmies. Each lesson, I have watched him pushing the boundaries a bit. Today was the day he really wanted to test out his independence. As I sat in astonishment on the sidelines, into the pool he jumped, no swimmies, no instructor. Luckily, the life guards are well trained and have quick reflexes. As I sat there watching this scene, my emotions went from fear, to embarrassment, to pride. He was a little embarrassed and frightened at first, but minutes later, back in the pool he went. I think he's on the "close watch" list now!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment